Authors wishing to submit a manuscript to The Quiet Corner Interdisciplinary Journal, please proceed to http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/tqc/ and follow the instructions below. Shortly afterward, you will receive an email confirming your submission.
The submission process:
- Read and accept the Article Submission Agreement
- Provide information about yourself
- Provide information about any co-authors
- Upload your article and related items
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- Article Title
- An abstract (separate from the article body)
- Keywords for your article (optional)
- Article in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word, or RTF.Articles must be submitted without a title page, abstract, or page numbers. These will be provided by the system. This is especially important so that you do not include any identifying information about the authors, as the article you submit will be sent to .In addition, submissions must be original works produced by graduate-level students. We welcome submissions of papers in multiple languages including without limitation: English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Italian, Slovenian. Interested parties must upload submissions as a .doc or .docx (Word). Interested parties must follow MLA formatting guidelines: double space the text on 8.5 x 11 paper. Use Times New Roman font. The font size should be 12 pt. Leave one space after periods or other punctuation marks. Set the margins to 1 inch on all sides. Indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin. Create a header that numbers all pages consecutively in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin. Use italics only for titles of longer works and providing emphasis. If you have endnotes, include them on a separate page before your Works Cited page. Entitle the section Notes (centered, unformatted).(3) Submit works of approximately 15-20 pages. We prefer essays of this length, but will not turn away exceptional works outside these margins. Book reviews must be on works published no earlier than 2012 and should be approximately 1,000. Please note: we do not accept concurrent submissions or submissions that have been previously published. Any questions or concerns can be addressed by email to email@example.com
No part of the submission is final until all steps have been completed and you click the final Submit button. The review process begins as soon as The Quiet Corner Interdisciplinary Journal receives a readable article, along with the abstract and article title. You may revise any of these elements later by clicking the submitted article’s title on your My Account page.